The attorneys at Pettit Spontak & Mihok, PLLC have extensive litigation and trial experience and are well equipped to handle a wide array of sophisticated legal proceedings for both corporate entities and individuals. Our attorneys pride themselves in taking a big picture approach and will work closely with you to develop a litigation and trial strategy to seek an outcome that best serves your interests.
We are well versed in handling commercial disputes and working closely with in-house counsel and recognize that outcomes and strategies employed in legal proceedings can have an important impact on a client’s business operations.
We have tried cases in Pennsylvania state courts as well as federal court in the Western District of Pennsylvania. Our attorneys hold bar admissions to practice before Pennsylvania State and Federal Courts in addition to the Supreme Court of the United States.
Here is an overview of the clients that that this firm represents, and the cases that we have successfully handled:
- A local public utility in property damage cases;
- A Fortune 500 metals manufacturer in toxic tort litigation;
- A manufacturer of hydraulic cylinders used in coal and steel production;
- A window manufacturer/installation contractor in several litigation matters;
- General contractors/homebuilders in litigation matters against subcontractors and property owners/developers;
- A building code consulting company in a litigation matter;
- A commercial flooring company in several cases;
- Numerous property owners relating to a developers’ drainage plan;
- A commercial bank with operations in ten Western states in a commercial property mortgage foreclosure and deficiency action;
- A large regional drug store chain in a commercial landlord/tenant action for eviction and unpaid rents;
- An insurance agency/broker that insures oil and gas operators and other companies related to the oil and natural gas industry;
- A company that distributes components for and services specialized gas engines which are used in the transmission of natural gas;
- A manufacturer of small arms and small arms components with respect to land use and corporate matters
- An insurance agency in several breach of contract actions;
- A Pittsburgh law firm in a claim involving a deposit agreement dispute;
- A real estate investor in a dispute involving Florida rental properties;
- A multistate supplier of road salt and deicing products; and,
- Two Pittsburgh-based accounting firms in collection matters.